Hello and welcome!
I help entrepreneurs and wealthy individuals to hold and manage their assets in a discreet and tax efficient manner. This involves the use of estate planning and asset protection vehicles (such as trust and foundations) as well as the use companies in various jurisdictions.
With individuals, my work regulalry goes beyond tax advice, as I get to hear the concerns, fears, worries as well as the plans, goals and dreams of my clients. This makes my work much more interesting, fulfilling and creative (since no single client has the same kind of problems or needs).
I also help business groups in expanding and structuring their operations in a tax efficient manner. This is achieved in various ways and mostly involves the use of companies and other entities in low tax jurisdictions. Taxes are considered as an expense and since the ultimate goal of a business group is to generate the highest amount of profits, tax mitigation is a key component of business planning.
I am a Chartered Certified Accountant and also hold an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT), a specialist advanced qualification in international and cross border taxation awarded by UK’s Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). I am also a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC) and the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI) in the UK and a member of CISI’s national council in Cyprus. In the recent past I used to lecture on Cyprus taxation to ACCA students at a local college.
CORPORATE AND INTERNATIONAL TAX PLANNING AND STRUCTURING
Structure your business in a tax-efficient manner, locally and globally, and manage your global tax rate.
Structuring a group of companies
- Review and advise on existing or proposed operations to maximise overall profits
- Country specific advice on tax efficiency.
- Advice on location of holding companies.
- Reviewing the structure of debt within a group and loan arrangements.
- Tax aspects of cross border acquisitions, disposals or reorganisations.
Domestic and overseas expansion of operations
- Identify and implement tax efficient cross-border strategies for investments and transactions
- Advice on use and benefits of double tax treaties to reduce withholding and other taxes.
- Advice on use and benefits of European Directives to reduce withholding and other taxes (Parent- Subsidiary, Interest and Royalties Directives)
- Assistance with the establishment of business entities in overseas jurisdictions.
Repatriation of foreign profits
Advising on the repatriation of profits (dividends, interest, royalties, management charges etc).
Tax efficient exploitation of intellectual property
Advice on efficient location and management of intellectual property.
Value chain and business model optimisation
- Analysis of group’s supply chain to optimise business processes, supplier relationships and streamline and simplify the business model.
- Alignment of profits with functions, risks and intangibles
Cyprus specific tax advice
- Clearance for company reorganisations (acquisitions, disposals or reorganisations)
- Input on international transactional step plans
- Capital Gains Tax
- Start-up services for companies entering or using Cyprus entities
- Personal taxation
Tax advisory on specific operations
- Holding activities
- Portfolio holdings
- Financing activities
- Trading activities
- Intellectual Property
- Real estate holdings